Fishing has a tremendous impact on Florida’s economy. I’m proud to support this industry in any way that I can! Here are some statistics about fishing and it’s importance.
Fishing in Florida..
- Economic Impact in Florida: $9.7 Billion dollars per year
- Jobs in the Florida fishing Industry: 127,000 jobs
- Florida is #1 in the nation in saltwater anglers
Fishing licensing in Florida…
- Over $47 million in revenue generated from licenses sold in 2015 and 2016 in Florida
- Over 2 million fishing licenses sold in 2016 in Florida
I serve as the spokesperson for the “I DO” campaign, which influences fisherman to buy licenses. The revenue collected from fishing licenses enhances fishing and boating opportunities throughout Florida. Public marinas, boat ramps, fishing clinics, artificial reefs are some of the programs that are benefitting from the funds raised from fishing license dollars.
To learn more about the “I DO” Campaign click here.
In the United States…
- More Americans fish than the combined total of those that play golf and tennis
- If fishing were a company it would rank #51 on the Fortune 500 list
- Recreational fishing – both fresh and saltwater combined – ranks higher than bowling or playing basketball, softball or soccer, according to data from the National Sporting Goods Association
Sportfishing generates $125 billion per year towards the United States economy
One partner of mine that is very influential in towards Florida’s economy is Bass Pro Shops. I have been working with Bass Pro Shops for 20 years now.
I just had the pleasure of attending the Daytona Beach Bass Pro Shops grand opening. Here is a picture of me chatting with a young fan at Bass Pro Shops.
Onstage at the Bass Pro Shops Grand opening with Tony Stewart, Kendall Newson and Kevin VanDam.
Awesome time at the @BassProShops grand opening with @Kevin_VanDam @TonyStewart @KendallNewson pic.twitter.com/2jtmx8SgnJ
— Bass 2 Billfish (@Bass2Billfish) November 15, 2016
Combined social media statistics for Bass 2 Billfish and PeterMillerFishing.com…
- Facebook: 212,000 followers
- Twitter: 38.000 followers
- Instagram: 104,000 followers
- YouTube: 4,944,000 views and 10,000 subscribers
- Bass2Billfish National TV show directed, produced and hosted by Peter Miller, airing on NBC Sports and World Fishing Network reaches over 10.4 million actual viewers per year
- Between the Bass2Billfish and PeterMillerFishing.com Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts…we will have reached over 26 million impressions for 2017!
New for 2017 Waypoint TV: Bass2Billfish is now streaming on Waypoint TV available on Roku, SmartTV, Chromecast, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Airplay. Average over 2,500 viewers per month.